Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday update

It’s been quite a week. I have been home since Wednesday, though I had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance on Thursday due to some terrible chest pains that they still don’t quite understand where they came from.  But I ended up home again and am almost finished with the antibiotics that they are giving me. Tomorrow is the last day. I look forward to being finished with them.  Either they or something else I am taking has been causing me anxiety again over the last 18 hours.  Not as bad as a week ago, but disconcerting nonetheless.  I would appreciate your prayers as I find it very disturbing.  I feel closed in and panicky for no reason at all.  As a result, I had a terrible sleep last night and am rather drowsy today.  But I can’t really sleep due to the anxiety.  So, it’s a vicious circle.  What a life….

7 comments:

Arla M. said...

Hi Glenn, Arla here, VOMC church rep. volunteer from Manitoba. I am amazed at you, how you look after the needs of the persecuted Christians, and are yourself going through such tremendous trials! I would like to encourage you - what does one say at a time like this? I think of Job, " My face is red with weeping, deep shadows ring my eyes; yet my hands have been free of violence and my prayer is pure. O earth, do not cover my blood; may my cry never be laid to rest! Even now my witness is in Heaven; my Advocate is on high. My Intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man He pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend." (16:16-21) You are a friend to many who need friendship. Your friends are praying for you and so is the Holy Spirit - with groans that words cannot express (Romans 8:26,27). May God's presence be felt by you at this time of misery, and may He give you peace and rest for your body and soul, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Glenn Penner said...

Thanks for your prayers and kind words, Arla. Please pray that I can have a good night's sleep tonight. I have two very important meetings tomorrow that I really want to go to.

dieny said...

Be assured of our prayers Glen Our whole family is praying for you,
that our Lord may comfort and protect you. Also Denita and the rest of the family
Only in His name
Dieny

Arla M. said...

For sure I will pray for that :)
I know Glenn, that you have prayed very earnestly for all of us volunteers, and I have undergone some changes in my character, I feel as a result. I thank you for what you have done in the spiritual realm for me personally, and pledge you my prayers on your behalf. Remember that Pastor Wurmbrand also prayed for you when he was here :) We are part of the same body, and all need our rest. God bless you, and put you to sleep.

Tuneman said...

Heart goes out to you Glenn. Prayers and blessings for a good sleep.
=t=

Anonymous said...

He gives His beloved sleep. Psalm 127:2 (Eunice)

Joe Hendricks said...

Praying from here!