Monday, March 30, 2009

Update

After several days of feeling increasingly weak (the stairs in this house are becoming mountains), I went to have my blood levels checked today and discovered that my hemoglobin was down to 65.  Hence, time for a transfusion again.  So, tomorrow morning, I will get another couple of units and then meet with Dr. Sauls for the first time in the afternoon.  He is involved in what is called "pain and symptom management" (also known as palliative care). It is hoped that he will be able to know how to best help me at this time as I seek to live as actively as I can in my circumstances.  "Palliative care"... I know that people often get this confused with hospice care and that such confusion is inaccurate (probably why they call it "pain and symptom management") but I really don't like admitting to needing. Funny how such phrases carry such baggage.

No comments: