Tuesday, May 5, 2009

McCommunion??

cel_cup
Is there anything more stereotypical of North American Christianity’s ability to take the most sacred things and make them convenient and, therefore, common (which, by definition, is the opposite of sacred )? As described, this communion cup and wafer set offers a convenient alternative for communion. It requires no special preparation, requires no refrigeration and are good for up to 6 months from date of manufacture. I don’t know about you, but these remind me more of coffee creamers than symbols of the Body and Blood of Christ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, and I laughed when I first heard about them.... :) Love ya Glenn - stacy

Boethius said...

You have to admit, with the recent H1N1 Virus scare, that this is a great way to keep the germs away. Rather than be denied either element at a mass, as the Catholics have done, or a service, I would prefer to get one of these and participate fully in the communion with my fellow brethren. After all, it is the receiving together that matters and not the dishes we use.