Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two more units

blood_bag Received two more units of blood today.  Sadly, the two I had on Monday only raised my hemoglobin half of what the doctors had hoped.  They have no idea what is causing this, but I go in on Friday for two more units and a CT scan on my sinuses (they've been giving problems; don't know if it is related or not).  All I know is that I am a little discouraged.  I have had to come to the realization that someday I would be turning a corner and not coming back to better health. The problem is, one never knows when that corner is turned.  So major setbacks like this do tend to take on a sense of finality, deserved or otherwise, only God knows.  So guess, it is better just to leave it in His hands.

Let me say one more thing; I am so grateful for those who donate blood.  I would be dead by now without these unknown heroes.  Never given blood, even though you can?  Then get off your butt and do it.  You never know whose life you might be saving!

3 comments:

Sudhakar Mondithoka said...

Dear fellow-servant (sundoulos) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior who suffered for and is suffering with us, I have read your posts. I am moved. What can I say? Just that we will pray more fervantly and regularly for you. The Lord will enable you to finish all that He wants you to accomplish for Him and for the blessing of His people and the world at large. May His presence and peace make all the difference at a difficult time like this.
With love and prayers,
In the Lord and His Mission,
Sudhakar Mondithoka, INDIA

Sudhakar Mondithoka said...

We will keep in touch dear Glenn.
Sudhakar

Anonymous said...

I do not know what to say in response to your situation. But I believe that all that the Lord wants to do in and through you will be accomplished. I am praying for a definite sense of the Lord's presence and grace to be upon you. May the the Lord be with you all at a difficult time like this. We feel for you and we pray for you. May the Lord grand His healing and strengthening touch to you at this time.