Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thank you for praying

Thank you to each of you who have been praying for me over the last couple of days.  I am still in the hospital here in Toronto, but there is a good chance that I will get out tomorrow (which I am happy about).  I have been feeling much better today, my hemoglobin levels were up to 86 (which are still low, but on the border of what is acceptable for folks like me and a lot better than they were earlier this week).  And I am much more stable on my feet.

It was nice spending the day with Denita who spent all afternoon here.  While we didn't do alot but read papers and do crosswords, it was the best Valetine's Day date we have had for a long time.

Please pray that I can get out tomorrow.  While I enjoy the luxury facilities and gourmet cuisine served at Princess Margaret Hospital, I am eager to be spoiled by my own bed and my wife's cooking, even after only a day of deprivation. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glen
It is past 1:30 in the morning and cannot get you out of my mind I so pray that our Heavenly Father will heal you and give strength and courage, also for Denita You are such a great servant of the Persecuted church. By the way Ken did give his 70the blood donation last week He has a standing appointment every six weeks. He is very thankfull that he can do this , especially now when he heard how it helped you
It is very hard to surrender to Him most times as we have no idea what He has in mind for us. also following is diffecult as we cannot see what is ahead
My prayer is to see you in Edmonton. OUr church is also praying for you tomorrow
In Christ
Dieny

Glenn Penner said...

Thanks so much for your prayer, Dieny. It is great having folks like you in "our corner"