Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Health update

As hinted at in an earlier blog, the past 2 weeks have been really busy at work and I has been feeling more and more unwell.  Very tired, short of breath and unable to do much of anything.... Yesterday, we found out why. My hemoglobin has taken a dive meaning that I am anemic.  The doctor told us that my white cell count is in the normal range which means the cancer seems to be under control at the moment. And that's certainly something to be grateful for since we were a bit concerned because the lymph nodes in my neck are growing again (here comes the bullfrog look again!). 

Anyway, I was supposed to get a couple units of blood today at Princess Maragret this morning. Alas, they messed up the order and nothing was ready when we arrived today and so we wasted a few hours and a trip to downtown (why is it that when the hospital makes a mistake, the patient usually ends up paying for it??).  So, back we go again tomorrow (and we are expecting 10-15 cm of snow tonight!).  Hopefully, I'll be feeling a bit better after the "top up" tomorrow.  The doctor wants to see me again in a couple of weeks to check my blood just to keep his eye on the hemoglobin levels.  So, after a nice break from having to go the hospital, now we are making more regular trips again (at least for a while). 

Thanks for your continued prayers.  They are much appreciated.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Greetings Glenn

Don't tell me the hospitals there make mistakes too!
I pray that you will be strengthened with His glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need.May you be filled with joy. Col.1:11
Hang in there I understand that this is not an easy road.

In prayer
Marilyn

SI-India said...

Edified spiritually by knowing about you Brother Glenn.You are a role model in Christ

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating us, Glenn. I continue to pray for you as do the ladies in a small prayer group. The medical system can be frustrating at times. Is this to improve our patience level??? Eunice

Glenn Penner said...

I am pretty sure I know why they call us "patients" in hospitals :-)