Friday, September 19, 2008

What a week!

This has been a brutal week. Meetings, dealing with conflicts (none staff related, praise God), having to turn down requests that I simply don't have time to deal with, working through some very difficult issues with one of our overseas partners (which ended up with our eventually deciding that we had to drop all future work with them). These are some of the inevitable duties of a CEO, but wow, do I feel tired out by the end of the week. Tomorrow I go out for brunch with 3 members of our team who work outside of our head office and while there is a part of me that would like to cancel it tonight, I know that I will enjoy it tomorrow. Some of these guys I haven't seen in months; in one case, well over a year.

I am starting to really look forward to my holidays in a couple of weeks (as is my wife). Now if I can just get through the next week (which also promises to be full of meetings, staff training and strategy meetings for our international work. I know that they will be fun, but I also know I will probably be wrecked a week from now.

I'm not complaining. This work is my calling and my love. It's just a statement of fact. So bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Light the Night" is this Saturday. The teams walking in your honour:
Fox Trot - http://my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=94124&LangPref=en-CA.
Team Brown - http://my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=94035&LangPref=en-CA

Take care. Your family loves you.

t....