Friday, September 26, 2008

Light the Night

 lightI am really excited that members of my family are getting involved in Light the NIght, a fund-raising event for the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society of Canada that features participants carrying illuminated balloons on a 5 km twilight walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by cancer.  The families of my niece, Alicia and my cousin Tracy are walking in my honour, which touches my heart very deeply.  I am so proud to be part of such a family. 

May I encourage you to join them as they seek to raise money for lymphoma and leukemia research?  You can make your pledge online for either Team Brown or Fox Trot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just thought I'd let you know that there was a huge turnout for Light the Night (probably twice that of last year's) and through the genorosity of family and friends, Fox Trot raised just under $1000, which contributed in a small way to what I think is close to $2-million for Calgary. It's cool because the funds go towards counselling, peer support, family accommodation costs and some other things like that as well as trying to find cures. Mom walked with us, too, and we met up with "Team Brown" and walked most of it together... Just thought I'd give you that update... I have some very low quality cellphone pictures but I'll send them your way anyway!
take care and we love ya :)
-Alicia