Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update on health and life and all of the rest of it

We were pleased to learn on Thursday from the results of my latest blood tests that while my haemoglobin levels had fallen (75) and thus I required a transfusion on Friday, my platelets had actually increased over the past two weeks to 32.  This is very encouraging as it shows that my bone marrow is still producing and that I am not trending downwards as was feared a few weeks back. Hence, I am pretty stable.

All in all, life has taken on a semblance of normality which makes for boring blogs but a pretty good life.  I have not had to change my medication for weeks now and even go for a few hours without oxygen from time to time (mostly because I am sick of dragging that tube around like a bad habit). I was pretty tired toward the middle of the week (probably due to my need of a transfusion) and so I missed Joel’s graduation ceremony from college, but I am glad he understood. 

Here’s a picture of Joel and Rebecca following the ceremony.

Joel and Rebecca

While I am at it, here are a few recent pictures of the family, including one of me in my homeoffice.

Thanks to all of you who continue to uphold us in prayer.  Thank the Lord for this season of stability

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD FOR THIS MERCY. PLEASE, LORD GRANT US MORE AND MORE OPPORTUN ITIES TO FOREVER PRAISE YOU IN THE LIFE OF YOUR FRIEN D AND SERVANT, GLENN PENNER.Amen
remi