Saturday, December 13, 2008

So, how am I feeling?

It's been a while since I gave any kind of update on my health. I am pretty much finished with the cold I caught back in November.  For a fairly minor cold, it sure hung on for a long time.

Apart from that, I am feeling better than I have for a while. It is nice being off of most of the drugs that I have been on for so long, especially those that fogged my mind.   Of course, I am then tempted to start traveling or doing some other stupid thing, but I have to admit that my days of travel are pretty much over. It really does change your perspective to realize that you probably will be worse in a year from now than you are today.  That is the reality I live with.  It really changes everything.  I am so used to living like whatever setback I am presently experiencing will eventually be overcome.  Not this, unless God miraculously intervenes and I have no promise from Him that He will.  Faith is not claiming what God has not promised; that's presumption and putting the Lord to the test.  That, I will not do.  Do I believe He can heal?  Of course.  Do I know He will.  No.   Do I think He will?  I don't think so.  I think He has called me to to testify to His faithfulness in the midst of the fire.  This is probably the harder miracle.

No comments: